Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lens Baby Crazy


So Mikey shows me this lens he wanted to buy for his camera. It's called a "Lens Baby". I've seen the effect before. I thought that the effect was really cool for capturing city shots. The lens gave the impression that you were looking at a miniature. It's all just an optical effect, but I thought it was just really cool. So, driving home I figured that I should be able to do the effect in photoshop. I looked up a few different techniques on how to duplicate the effect and then spent a better part of the night practicing it. The photo above is one of the few somewhat successful attempts. Actually, it's my favorite of the group I did. The photo was taken from a hotel room window. It's overlooking a parking lot for the Ayala Center mall in Makati, Philippines.

No comments: